Wow is there ever room for more manufacturers to get on the band wagon here. What we’ve been able to place below, took some crazy calling around in order to make the grade for us. There were more out there, but with quality concerns to where we didn’t feel ready to place them on our lists. What is here will make for some nice hang time with one another though. Some of these have been adapted for Braille users, some only for those with visual impairments, and a limited number are paying attention to color blindness adaptions. If you want to cruise our section called FINE MOTOR SKILL CONSIDERATIONS, there may be some options there worth checking out.
These first few games are ones that have been thumb upped by our COLOR BLIND communities. They have been modified for distinct color differentials, or noted on this list because the colors are also enhanced by secondary images which makes playing them possible.
- LATICE STRATEGY BOARD GAME by Adacio–
- CITADELS by Asmodee (Note* comes with expansion packs)
- ROLL FOR THE GALAXY BOARD GAME by Rio Grande Games (Note* has expansion packs, ALSO, kinda pricey… but we gather well worth it.)
- CHAMPIONS OF MIGARD by Grey Fox Games (Note* has expansion packs, AGAIN… a high priced game noted for being a lot of fun.)
- SCOVILLE by Tasty Minstrels Games (Note* Last on our list of pricey but makes for a great date adventure games.)
- THE CASTLES OF BURGUNDY by Ravensburger
The MaxiAids Compay has put great effort into bring multiple classic games on to the market for the visually impaired communities. Their name placed in a search engine will take you to multiple sites where you can cruise through their lists. Some of their offerings are:
- SUDOKU CUBES
- 4 IN A ROW (ie Connect 4)
- BRAILLE SUDOKU PUZZLE GAME BOARD (Note* This one is pricey…)
- TEXTURED DOMINOS
- TACTILE BRAILLE DICE
- LARGE LOW VISION BLACK BACKGROUND DICE
- LARGE PRINT CROSSWORD PUZZLES and LARGE PRINT WORD SEARCHES. They can be found on line for free. Several print versions are available at almost every outlet that sells them in your community where other standard print versions are available.
- LSS BLIND / LOW VISION CRIBBAGE BOARD by Fabrication
- BRAILLE CHINESE CHECKERS by The Braille Store
- ON LINE GAMES: CLICK HERE for a website that has devoted time and energy into creating on-line games for those with visual impairments. They do not charge you for downloading them, spam you, sell your information, have time limits or loads of advertisements.