Skip to content
- Rearrange the living room or bedroom together! Grab a helper if you need to!
- Host your own photo shoot! Drive to places that are meaningful to your relationship, and strike funny poses for the camera!
- Treat your significant other to a scavenger hunt (or video scavenger hunt!). Choose a theme (when we met, the places we’ve been, things that remind me of you, etc.)
- Get a hotel room! Does your town have a boutique hotel or bed and breakfast that’s popular with tourists? Be the tourist for the night and enjoy being pampered.
- Farmers' Market Fun! Have fun exploring a Farmers' market. Perhaps agree to purchase a food you’ve never tasted before! Or deliver something fresh, from edibles to flowers, to someone’s door who might not be able to get to one themselves.
- Enjoy singing? (Notice we didn’t ask, CAN you sing…) Try Karaoke (discuss private karaoke rooms). OR, go caroling, even if it’s not Christmas; in fact, it doesn’t have to even be holiday music. This idea is best kept to your neighbors or co-workers or family, however, so you don’t make anyone nervous. (The smiles this brings will spill over from the recipient to you, we promise.)
- Go out dancing! Hop online to see if your town offers any unique dancing opportunities— salsa, square dancing, or line dancing anyone?
- Triathlon! Choose any three activities and make your own triathlon. (Ideas: Throwing pairs of socks into laundry baskets, “bowling” with tennis balls and jars, building a structure with toothpicks, sorting something, etc. Get creative!)
- DIY Project! Go to a hobby store and choose a project to do together. You don’t need to be crafty to take this on! There are kits to make pinewood derby cars— you could each build one and race them together!
- Go berry picking! Finish the day by coming home and cooking something together with your bounty!
- Wii Tournament. If you have access to a Wii Video Game Console, this can provide hours of fun!
- Go for a ride! Does your town have a carousel, Ferris wheel, bumper cars, etc? Hang on tight!
- Go estate or garage sale-ing together!
- B-I-N-G-O. And Bingo is your Date-O! Hit the bingo hall for a night of good ole’ fashioned fun!
- Play with PING-PONG balls several different ways.
~ Using handheld fans, a can of Office Keyboard Cleaning air, and your own ability to blow, try to make the ping-pong ball fall off the the other person’s end of the table.
~ Using a sheet (twin size works best, or even a large beach towel, if that’s more appropriate for either player), try to make the ping pong ball fall off the opponent’s end of the sheet.
~ Here’s one where you’re working as a team. Again, using a towel or sheet, set a basket, clothes hamper, or box a few feet away, and see if you can hurl the ping-pong balls in to that target, while keeping your bodies in one spot. Keep pushing it out or moving it closer— each one presents a unique challenge.